Pages


Saturday, November 19, 2011

Perception Vs Reality

          As I think about the various things that happened to me during the last few months and are still happening, not necessarily related to me directly, I wonder how much of it is our perception and how much is reality.
      
If you saw us in public you would never think we were fighting the moment we closed the door on you. After my brother knew about our situation and had already intervened, he came to meet us during our 2nd anniversary; we took him out for lunch, I got flowers and gifts from my X, we seemed to be the most normal couple around- he left confused. We had the perfect couple pictures on the appropriate social networking sites, we had people commenting on how cute we looked together! We never made you feel out of place- we were the most gracious hosts holding dinners and lunches. And in all of this we would smile- my house looked perfectly done- actually picture perfect sometimes. Perception vs Reality! 
   And so I sit and think about how many of these "oh so perfectly cute for each other " couples that I see around me have a direct relationship with happiness. Is it just my perception? I hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment